This post is meant to be a rooting tutorial, so instead of reviewing the specs of the device, I guess, it's better to get back to the topic. Before rooting, you might want to know what rooting is? If you don't have enough time to read that post, here's the summary: Rooting let's you do cool stuffs but voids your warranty. The words in Red should be read and understood carefully before you proceed with this tutorial.
This will void your manufacturer's warranty, and any stupidity on your end might lead you to brick your device. So, do everything at your own risk. Don't get terrified by the "brick" part, most of the times your phone will get back to normal. (I shall help you in that.)
Requirements: A Micromax A52, a windows PC/ laptop, USB cable, a52 Root.rar, UnlockRoot, MTK.rar, SP Flash Tool, your patience and courage.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development and click enable debugging. (Don't click if the box is already ticked.)
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Extract the a52 root.rar file. The file contains a modified boot.img and A52 scatter file which will be needed by SP tools.
- Install MTK Drivers by double clicking the InstallDriver.exe file in the MTK folder you extracted from MTK.rar file you downloaded above.
- Flash the boot.img using the SP tools using this guide.
Tip: In the guide linked above, recovery is being flashed, you have to flash the boot.img file you got from a52 root.rar
- Take-out-and-put-back your phone's battery to perform a reboot.
- Install the UnlockRoot tool using the downloader you downloaded from the requirements.
- Click on the Root button on the UnlockRoot's home screen.
- Next screen will ask you if you want to install drivers, say yes err.. I mean click yes :P
- Your phone will be rooted and finally it will ask if you want to reboot your phone changes to take effect, again, click yes.
- Your phone will reboot and Eureka! it's rooted!!!
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.