As I am considering this guide as the one for newbies, I assume you don't know much about rooting. Apart from this guide, my blog is also quite noob friendly and so, I have a lot of articles already written on some basic topics.
For getting to know more about rooting, you must go through these articles:
- What rooting actually is? The pros and cons.
- What to do once you root your device? A list of cool things you can do once you root your mobile, thanks to some awesome apps on the play store which work only on rooted phones.
- Rooting voids your warranty.
- I can't be held responsible in case things go awry.
- Pick up your phone and go to settings > applications > development and you will see an option named "USB Debugging". Tap on the option to enable USB Debugging.
Note: Don't turn it off once you are done with rooting your device, it can help you get out of some really ugly scenarios (like your phone not booting up). This is also one of the 5 things every Android user must do.
- Turn on your Windows PC/ Laptop. Install the drivers of A87 using Pdanet. Verify whether your drivers have been installed correctly using step 11 of the guide I just linked to.
- Diable your antivirus software temporarily (the one on your PC). As might detect the rooting tool we are going to use a virus threat.
- Download UnlockRoot Downloader. Open the downloader and it will download the complete setup of Unlockroot, when the download completes, install Unlockroot.
- Click the big Root button on the left. This will start the rooting process.
- Let the process complete and celebrate when it does!
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.