|Root Celkon A200: The Easiest Way|
Quick comparison with Micromax A110:
Micromax A110's popularity has spread like wildfire, a testimony to that is the fact that the A110 is world's most popular device in GSMarena's huge database. To rival Micromax A110, Celkon mobiles launched the Celkon A200 in the recent past. The phone packs almost all the goodies present in A110 except the 8 megapixel camera. The screen is a bit smaller at 4.3" (as compared to A110), but thus enjoys a higher ppi value of 217. A110 beats it in terms of battery life too, with the Celkon A200 sporting a staggeringly low 1500 mAH battery.
An introduction to rooting:
As the phone is a low-end Android devices, it may be possible that this is your first Android device and you haven't heard of or thought about rooting before. If that is the case, read my article to clear all your doubts about rooting. If you are still looking for reasons you should root your device for, here is a long list of them. Before proceeding further, be warned that anything you perform reading below steps can void your warranty. I'm not responsible for any harms caused to anyone, dead or alive.
Rooting Guide for Celkon A200:
- A Celkon A200 handset
- A PC/Laptop running windows
- Download Root Unroot Tool by Droidiser
- Some patience
- Basic things before following any guide
The Holy Steps:
- Toggle USB Debugging to on. In phones running ICS or above (as in your case), the option is present at Settings > Development.
- Install drivers for your device using pdanet. Else, you can use the drivers (if any) that came with your device.
- Unzip the contents of the root unroot tool on your PC.
- In the extracted folder, double click the file named RootUnrootDroidiser.bat, this will pop up a command window.
- In the command window, follow the instructions to root your mobile. You have to enter 1 to root your mobile.
The Command Window
- Connect your device (if you disconnected it after installing the drivers).
- Exit pdanet by right clicking on the taskbar icon before starting the rooting access. This is done so that pdanet does not interfere with the connection.
- Don't enable USB Tethering or USB Storage when your phone is connected to the PC.
- During installation of drivers, a pdanet app would be installed on your phone, you can uninstall that at your own will at any time before/after the tutorial.
- You can unroot the device by entering 2 in the command window.
If you still face any troubles, comment below and I shall try to resolve your problem. To join the development of this phone, visit this xda thread.