If you haven’t heard (or don’t know much) about Clockworkmod Recovery, then let me brief it down to the fact that CWM recovery replaces stock recovery to add some delicious and handy features like taking a full backup of the current rom along with all the data, wiping dalvik cache, advanced restores and a few more advanced tweaks which otherwise aren’t that easy to perform. So, of course, it will come very handy to all A7+ and A9+ and encourage new custom roms with a few tweaked features for better performance.
You should root the devices before going for the custom recovery if you really want something new from your device. See the rooting guides for Karbonn A7+ and Karbonn A9+.
Note: Karbonn A9+ and Cherry Mobile Flare are exactly similar and thus Rooting Guide and CWM for A9+ will work on Cherry Flare too.
Guide to Flash CWM Recovery on Karbonn A7+ and A9+:
- If you have Karbonn A7+, download the required zip file. Else, for Karbonn A9+, download this zip file. Note that downloading files for the wrong phone can corrupt your recovery partition, so download the correct file carefully.
- Extract the zip file in any folder on your computer.
- Connect your mobile to the PC using USB Cable. I hope you had installed the drivers during rooting. If you haven’t installed drivers, do that now using pdanet. Note that pdanet is not specific and can install drivers for both phones.
- Go to the folder you extracted in step 2 and run the file named CWM Recovery.bat
- A command prompt will open, follow the on screen instructions to complete the flashing procedure.
- When you want to go to clockworkmod recovery, switch off your phone and press the key combination specific to your device till the screen lights up. If you don’t know the combination for your device, use quick boot app.
- Take a full nandroid backup of your phone by selecting the option “Backup & Restore” in the recovery and start tinkering with your mobile as you wish!
For Karbonn A7+, there is no such bug.
Visit the xda thread for A7+’s and the one for A9+’s cwm recovery if you have some found some bug that’s bugging you. Drop a comment below for ANY help related to this guide.
If you feel like following me, do it here.
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.