Before flashing any of the stuff given below, you may want to root your device. Use the "How to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos" guide to do that. Please be warned that the phone's warranty will be voided if you flash any third party zip or root your phone. It will also trigger the flash counter on your device, which, I think, can't be removed as TriangleAway doesn't support this device.
We shall talk about the KyleOpen ROM first and the custom kernels will be discussed later in this article. The rom has been developed by xda member cheatman. The custom rom adds some handy new features to the device which are being listed below:
- Samsung Bloatware has been removed
- A few packages from Cyanogenmod 9 have been imported
- Deodexed and Zipaligned
- Busybox Support
- Init.d support
- Samsung S Voice can be installed as an add-on by flashing via clockworkmod recovery
- supports QtADB
- supports Adobe Flash Player
|Snapshots from the KyleOpen ROM|
- Stock Insecure Kernel: This is an insecured version of the stock kernel. It supports "adb root" access.
- VamshiStunner Kernel: This kernel supports CPU governors.
- KyleOpen Kernel v3: This kernel supports CPU governors, adds init.d support and also enables root. This seems to be the best available kernel, if we go by the features list.
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.