|The Razr i XT890|
As I always say in my pre-rooting speech, if this is the first time you are rooting any Android device or don't know what rooting is, check out this post: Pros and Cons of Rooting.
Usual Boring Disclaimer: Unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device will make your manufacturer's warranty vanish. No one other than you will be responsible for whatever happens to your phone during or after the process.
Rooting the Motorola Razr i is a really easy process. Let's get rolling:
- Unlock your bootloader using this excellent guide.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable.
- If you are using a windows PC, install the latest and official Motorola USB drivers for your device.
- Download this rooting kit for windows, this one for mac and this one, if you're using a linux OS.
- Run the "Root.bat" file from the root kit you downloaded above.
- Your device will be rooted.
- Reboot your device and enjoy the superuser access you just attained.
If you can't get the above steps to work, watch this video by TheRazrGuy.