Karbonn Smart Tab 8 and Smart Tab 10 are two excellent options to go for at their respective price points. The devices are really good in performance thanks to their powerful dual core processors. Rooting your ST8 or ST10 will allow you to further improve your device's performance, and play HD games without lags, and a cool bunch of other things.
- Check out the Karbonn Smart Tab 8 detailed review.
Before deciding on whether you really want to root your device, you must be aware of the fact that the warranty of your tablet will be voided once you root it. Unrooting it may not be possible at all times. So, do make a decision wisely. Know more about what rooting actually means. Rest assured, the method given below is safe and has been tested by many tablet owners including me.
|Karbonn Smart Tab 8 Velox|
This is one of the easiest rooting methods you will find for any device in this earth. You should be feeling lucky about that. In the rooting guide below, a few steps are not compulsory but are recommended for your tablet's safety. Both the tablet's chipset matches with that of Ainol Novo 7 Crystal, so the rooting guide for all these three tablets is the same.Let's start off!
Rooting Guide for Karbonn Smart Tab 8 Velox and Smart Tab 10 Cosmic:
- Go to Settings >> Development Options and tick the USB Debugging option to enable it. Leave this option ticked even after this process is completed, as it is one of the 5 things every Android user should do.
- Download rooting-tool-velox-cosmic-crystal.zip file and transfer it to your tablet's external sd card. (It won't be detected if you put it in the internal sd card.)
- Shut down your tablet.
- After the tablet completely shuts down, press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till the Karbonn logo appears.
- You will boot into stock recovery. Press Volume Up and Down to scroll, while the power button will select the highlighted item.
- Scroll to and select Apply update from ext. Then browse to the location of the rooting-tool-velox-cosmic-crystal.zip file and select it.
- The flashing process will start and complete within a minute.
- Reboot your tablet and check if you are rooted.
A few nice things you can do once you root your tablet:
- Install TWRP recovery on your Smart Tab 8/10. This will enable you to take full recovery of your tablet, which you can restore if anything unexpected happens with your device.
- Install a custom rom on your smart tab 8 or smart tab 10.
- Run your device on 1.5 GHz to boost its performance when you are playing heavy games.To do that,, transfer this file to the internal sd card of your tablet. Install setcpu on your device and on the first startup of the app, select read speeds from setcpu.txt and the app will detect the text file you copied to the internal sd card. Select Performance2 as the governor and drag the upper slider to 1512 MHz. Exit the app and see the difference for yourself. To measure the difference, Billion Counter Benchmark is a great tool. I noticed a difference of about 8 seconds after using setcpu. Thanks to ankitdaruler for discovering this. Here is a short video I made to ease this process.
If you are facing any trouble in following anything mentioned above, your comments are welcome in the comments section below. Don't forget to follow us via socialiser (present in the navigation bar at the top of this article).