- Founded in 1871 and named after a Finnish river called Nokianvirta, Nokia spent over a century manufacturing cables, boots and tyres. It was only in 1992 that Nokia sold off its non-mobile subsidiaries.
- Nokia’s first phone called Mobira Cityman was launched in 1987. It weighed a hefty 800 grams and costed an even heftier 4,650 Euros.
- Nokia 1100 sold over 250 million units,making it the most popular consumer electronics device ever!
- Nokia remained #1 Mobile Vendor before Samsung toppled it in 2012.
- Nokia currently isn’t at its best in terms of the mobiles and smartphones it sells, holding a mere 15% and 3% share in both these categories.
- Nokia gets acquired by Microsoft for $7.2 Billion in September 2013.
What this means to Android:
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.