I'm not here to talk about its features, I'm here to help you root it. Also, we shall be installing cwm during the process. Let the rootathon begin!
How to root Karbonn A18:
- Stand up and get access to your mobile.
- Start mobile data/ wifi.
- Open play store.
- Search Superuser.
- Download it.
How to install CWM on Karbonn A18:
Downloads: cwmfinal.img, MTK6575 drivers, SP Flash tools, MTK6575 scatter.txt, stock recovery.img (only in case you want to go back).
- Unrar the MTK6575 drivers using winzip or winrar. Run the setup.exe file from the extracted folder.
- Switch off your mobile and remove the battery.
- In the same condition, connect your phone to your PC using usb cable.
- The MTK drivers for your device will be installed.
- Disconnect your phone now.
- Rename the cwmfinal.img you downloaded from the Downloads section above to recovery.img
- Unrar the SP Flash tools using winzip or winrar (again). Run the SPflashtool.exe file present in the extracted folder.
- In the flash tools window, go to option menu and check (I mean tick) USB mode.
Ticking the "USB Mode"
- In the scatter-loading file section, browse to the scatter.txt file you downloaded above.
- In the SP tools window, you will now see various options like PRELOADER, UBOOT, BOOT_Img, RECOVERY, SEC_RO, LOGO etc. Uncheck all of them except Recovery, as we just have to flash recovery to our device.
- Now clicking on recovery will take you to a menu asking you the location of the recovery.img file you want to flash. Browse to the renamed recovery.img file.
- Click Download. Ignore, if any, warning mesages.
See which button you gotta click for what
- Connect your phone again, this time, with inserted battery.
- The SP Flash TOol shall flash the cwm recovery to your phone. When the process completes, disconnect your device.
- Press Volume up+Volume down+ Power key simultaneously till the screen lits up. Now, you should be in the cwm recovery!
Post your comment below if you face any hindrance following the tutorial. Like always, I am here to help. This guide originated on XDA.
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.