Let me list down few of the cases in which you might want to uninstall Syatem installed apps:
- You don't use some of the system apps at all:
My Android device came installed with apps like Google Talk and Google Voice. I either don't use them or they aren't available at my location.
- You find a better alternative for a default app:
Like in my case, I find K9-Mail more functional than the default Gmail app. So, I deleted it! Ditto for Launcher, Keyboard and Music Player. (Deleting launcher can get tricky at times.)
- You want more space:
You want to carve out some space when the internal memory gets low. If you're unfortunate enough like me, to have a year old device which keep crying for space, then you can delete some apps which you rarely use. (Backup them with Titanium Backup so that you can restore them easily, later on!)
- The apps are bloatware:
Some apps like Spice Gang on Spice Android devices and Hookup on Micromax are quiet bloaty in nature. I would definitely uninstall them at the first glance.
- Download Titanium Backup from the play store, Apart from deleting system files, it can do a ton of other things, and features in my list of must have apps for Android.
- It will ask for Root permissions. Grant it!
- Click on click to edit filters and under the heading "Filter by type", click on system and finally hit apply.
- This will sort out the full list of System apps on your device. Tap on any of them you want to uninstall and press uninstall. It will give you a warning, select yes.
Tip: Before uninstalling, select backup, so that you can restore the app later on.
Uninstalling System Apps using Titanium Backup
- Woohoo, you have uninstalled one of them. Delete all others the same way you deleted this one.
- Be careful while deleting any app, try to understand by the name of the app, whether your phone can function correctly without that app. For example: If you delete Launcher.apk and don't have any third party Launcher installed on your device, you won't see your Home Screen again. So, don't touch such apps.
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.