Micromax A91 is a successor to the Ninja A89 and comes with a better camera and bigger battery . The phone can be rooted with the bin4ry tool. If you don't know what it is or how to use it, this guide will help you out. As the title says, this guide will also work on Cherry Mobile Thunder, as both A91 and Thunder are basically the rebrand of some chinese device.
Before you proceed ahead:
- Learn more about rooting and its benefits.
- Make sure that your phone isn't low on battery. You won't want your phone to die down when you are performing the steps.
- Stay concentrated on what you are doing. Don't for for the next > next > next strategy.
- Rooting voids your manufacturer warranty. In case you are stuck in a bootloop (or in a whirlpool), we are not responsible.
- Don't forget to enable USB Debugging. This is critically important. If you have a device that runs on Gingerbread (Android 2.3 or below), go to Settings > Applications > Development. Instead, if you own a device running Android 4.0 or 4.1, go to Settings and then to Developer options.
Detailed steps to root Micromax Ninja A91 or Cherry Mobile Thunder
- You didn't skip the last step in the previous section, did you? Unfortunately, if yes is the answer, you MUST go back and enable usb debugging.
- Install drivers for your phone using pdanet.
- Download Bin4ry's rooting tool from uploaded.to or cloudzer. I can't upload this tool on Mediafire or any other better uploading service because the developer doesn't want his file to be mirrored. You can thank Bin4ry for creating this tool here. This is the umpteenth time that Bin4ry's tool has rooted a Micromax mobile.
- Extract the file you downloaded in the previous step. Right click on the RunMe.bat batch file and select Run as Administrator.
- Connect your phone to the PC using USB cable.
- In the RunMe.bat command window, follow the simple instructions that are given to you. First off you are supposed to enter a "1".
- Later during the process, you will be asked to tap a restore button. You have to do that on your device, a popup for that will appear at the right time. Your phone will reboot a few times during the process.
- When the process completes, a congratulatory message will appear on the command prompt screen.
We hope that you were able to replicate all the given steps without facing any hiccups. Believe you me, this is a really easy process. In case you mess up with the drivers for the first time, try uninstalling present drivers using USB Deview and install the drivers again.