|A screenshot from|
the GPS Test app
One such problem many users were reporting was that it was taking a crazy lot of time to get a gps lock on the device. For starters, GPS Lock is attained when your location is shown on your device using GPS. A small edit in a file named gps.config enables users to get found on the maps a lot faster. Vijeta Verma, a xda member, found the fix thanks to a fix made by crypted, another xda member, for HTC Desire S. The fix has been reported working by a lot of Micromax A110 users.
GPS Fix for Micromax A110:
- You need to have a rooted Micromax A110.
- Download the modified GPS.config file from mediafire or devhost.
- Browse to /system/etc using root explorer and mount the system as read/write using the button present on the top right of the screen.
- A file named gps.conf will be present in that folder. Rename that file to gps.conf.bak, it will act as a backup for the original file.
- Unzip the file you downloaded in step 3, and copy the gps.conf file to /system/etc.
- Reboot your A110.
- Download GPS Test from play store and test your GPS now. (Activate your GPS first.)
Sitewide announcement: Having troubles understanding anything in this article or stuck at some cunning step? Start a topic regarding your problem in an appropriate section on our forums to get help from the Droidiser Community.