|Micromax A110 Rooted!|
|Root checker confirms root|
Update 1: You can get the Micromax A110's Stock ROM here (updated).
Update 2:Another good news, ClockworkMod has been ported to the Micromax A110.
Update 3: Here is the guide to help you use your external sdcard as the internal sdcard. Enjoy more HD games now!
Update 4: If you have already upgraded your Micromax A110 to Jelly Bean and want to root it, go here. Else, Update it to pre-rooted Jelly Bean stock rom using this guide.
Ah, I don't want to repeat that boring disclaimer again, but here it is: Rooting can brick your device and it will also void your warranty. So, you are at your own risk. If you are a rookie, give this article a quick read: What is rooting?
Downloads required: Root_with_restore_Bin4ry_v15.7z
Let the hackathon begin:
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To do that, go to Settings > Development > USB debugging.
- Connect your device to any PC/laptop and install the drivers using pdanet.
- Unzip the root tool you downloaded above.
- Change the mode of your device from USB Storage to Media Device and proceed further. This change can be done only when you have connected your device to the PC, so don't go mad searching for this option before you have even connected your device. (Thanks RajivMishra13 for the update).
- Run the runme.bat file. (Clever naming, eh?)
Click the Runme.bat file
- A command prompt with weird green letters will pop-up on your screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions carefully. To start off, you willl need to type in a "1" and press enter.
Note: If you ever want to Unroot your Micromax A110, follow the above steps till you reach this one and then, instead of typing "1", type "x" and hit enter. Follow the instructions that appear on the command prompt after that.
- Your device will reboot during the process after which Bin4ry will copy some files to your device.
- When the green letters in the command prompt says Have Fun!, then... Have fun.
- That means, your device is rooted now and you can enjoy Superuser permissions!
|The command prompt window with weird green letters: Root by Bin4ry tool|
Wasn't this easy? For a first timer, it may be somewhat difficult, but given how scary the word "Rooting" is, this one was really a no-brainer.
P.S. This is the First Tutorial on internet to root Micromax A110. So, Subscribe to our updates to be updated. As always, your feedback is welcomed below.